Thank you for visiting DiscoverSaltRiver.com. As you navigate through our sites and related services, we may collect information about your visit that we can use to improve our services and provide a richer, more helpful experience for users. Your right to privacy is of utmost importance in building trust and confidence when conducting business through the Internet, and you have every right to know what information is being collected and how it’s used.
- What information we collect.
- How we use that information.
- Ways you can protect your privacy and control what you share.
This policy covers information and data collected while visiting DiscoverSaltRiver.com and our various trade and international pages. It does not extend to the use of external links that may be included on our websites.
Occasionally, our sites may link to websites owned and operated by other businesses, such as restaurants, hotels and other local attractions. Discover Salt River does not have access to the information gathered by those websites, nor are we responsible for their content or processing of personal information or data. Please refer to the privacy policies of those websites for further details on their own data protection policies.
DiscoverSaltRiver.com is the official travel website for the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community and is maintained by members within the Tourism Division. In addition to this primary consumer page, we operate several international versions of the website, TalkingStickAZ.com and SaveAtSaltRiver.com.
Information We Collect
We do not require anyone to disclose personal data to use our websites. This includes data such as your name, address, email address, or telephone number. In certain cases, we may ask for this information to provide services or fulfill requests like a newsletter subscription; however, providing this information is voluntary.
Data we collect: We use technology such as cookies to find out how you and other visitors use our services, such as which ads you interacted with and the type of stories you read and find most useful.
- Device information: When you visit our websites, we collect information specific to the device you’re using: hardware (desktop, mobile phone, laptop, etc.), operating system (Mac or PC), and internet protocol (IP) address. This technical data is anonymous and used exclusively for statistical purposes – it is stored separately from personal data and cannot be traced to an individual person. [Your IP address is the number automatically assigned to your computer when you access the Internet. It is used to tell the website’s servers where to send information when a link is clicked.]
- Log data: If cookies are enabled on your browser, we use these to track how you used our websites, including which pages you visited, if you’ve visited before, and how long you stayed on the site.
- Cookies and similar technology: DiscoverSaltRiver.com and our partners use various technologies like pixel tags and cookies – small files sent by a web server and saved on the hard disk of your computer – to collect and store information when you interact with our services or other digital assets like our ads. When tied to products, such as Google Analytics, these help us analyze traffic to our site.
How We Use Collected Information
We use the information we collect from all of our websites and digital services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, as well as to develop new ones. We also use it to offer you tailored content, like more relevant articles, itineraries, offers, and ads for related and relevant destinations on our websites.
In addition to sending you our newsletters, which require an opt-in subscription process, we may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements – like edits to this policy.
The data we gather from analyzing log information and visitor traffic is used to help us understand our visitors’ needs and wants when accessing our site, and how we can best serve them. It tells us general usage patterns, such as overall visitors, most-frequented pages, and top-asked questions and searches. We use all of this, together with other industry trends to manage and enhance our site and its content.
You have the right to know what data is stored and how it’s processed. If the personal information we have for you is inaccurate or inaccessible, you may contact the staff at Discover Salt River to correct the information.
Additionally, personal data is held only as long as needed to fulfill the initial request, or as required under existing law and regulations. We will delete personal data when a user contacts us and requests that they no longer wish to use the service (such as our e-newsletter or business listing). The same is done when we are notified of inactive email addresses or business listings.
Changes to this Policy
This policy may be updated or revised from time to time. If substantial changes are made, we will provide a more prominent notice, including but not limited to, an email advising users of the changes and a pop-up banner on our websites.